Would this piss you off?

I live at home with my dad and brother. I am also pregnant and a little frustrated that they do this. I cleaned the entire house you know vacuum, scrub, and I did their laundry and folded it. I did about eight loads yesterday and had the house so clean. I even made them dinner last night. They dint even say thank you. My brother even dropped gravy on the floor and didnt even clean it up! I had to squat to clean it. We have a big yard too and no one will mow the lawn take out the trash anything. I cant even get my brother to clean the cat box and I am not even supposed to do it! I feel like they really dont care that I do all this I feel like a personal slave and I never get a thank you. I am also stuck at home with no car and I live in the country so you have to have a vehicle and they never offer to take me anywhere they go. I feel horrible at times? Would this make you mad? I might just be hormonal!

crazypinkzebra

Asked by crazypinkzebra at 1:37 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• yeah Id be mad, Id also find somewhere else to live. If thats even possible for you
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:40 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I have no where else to go at all! I have no job and no vehicle to get anywhere to even haave a job
    crazypinkzebra

Answer by crazypinkzebra at 1:49 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• anon1240 is right. even an apartment where it's a sofabed and kitchen all one room would be better. Before you do that as a last resort get them to go to doctor's appt. with you and tell doc how you're not feeling well, achy and nauseaus and dizzy. If you word it right doc in front of your father and brother should comment back, altho might not directly to brother and dad, that you should be resting more and doing less. To get the point across make sure you have a tired attitude because of all you do - but don't complain specifically about your family - rather emphasize strongly to doc that YOU don't feel well enough. Good Luck!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:50 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• suggest 1250 anonys. You must have access to some household money? how do you get to doctor? grocery shopping? if emergency take grocery money have them drop you off at store to pick up later and go to hotel, friends, relatives. any relatives away from you who don't know how bad it is for you, that if they knew, they'd help you? If so then tell them!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:53 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I'm in the same boat. I live with my mom, 2 sisters, baby brother and my step dad. My step dad broke my car and promised to fix it but never did so I have no car. My mom has no job at the moment and watches TV all day. My 13 year old sister will help IF you ask and my 15 year old sister does nothing but dirty the house up. She has NO IDEA how to wash a dish, ect. My step dad works a full-time job and comes home and takes care of the baby so I don't expect much from him, but the others? Oh yeah. They all sit around all day watching me, 8 months pregnant, slave around the house. 5 minutes after I'm done, it's destroyed again. They don't clean up after themselves at all. They spill it, they leave it. They drop it, it stays there til I pick it up. And do you think they say thank you? NOPE!

Basically, this is why I stopped cleaning for them. And, this is why September 1st, I'M OUTTA HERE!=]
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 1:54 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Well....I don't know what share of the household bills you care for. Perhaps the family feels that this is your way of contributing....the physical work around the house? Appreciation would be nice as well. Best thing would be to get your own place ASAP. No matter how small, at least you would only have yourself and baby to clean up after and no unappreciative 'roomies'.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:59 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Yes and I know exactly what you are talking about.
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 2:15 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Not to be rude but where is your baby's father? Can't he help you at all? can you go live with him? I would do what one of the previous posts said.. tell somebody outside your immediate family... they should help you.... Is anyone even throwing you a baby shower? your dad and brother don't have a clue.... I wouldn't wanna raise a baby in that house... you are going to need a lot of help and I'm speaking from experience... plus it's like 70-80 percent or something like that of new mom's experience PPD trust me do what ever you can to find support now! Before it's too late
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:19 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I agree you must have freinds---you have rights can you ask the babydaddy for some help?? don't do any thing else for them, clean the house within YOUR limits, do your own laundry, cook your own meals. Let them know this is the 21st century and you have had enough!!! TELL them to wash the dishes & mow the lawn. Go to your church, freinds other family members and the local library for information as to where you can get assistance. You have to proactive about your life and remember you will have a lot of battles ahead of you to make sure baby has a good & healthy happy life---good luck I'll pray for you & the baby
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:49 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Screw cleaning up after them!

If they leave dishes and dirty laundry laying around then pile it up on their beds, including the filthy litter box.

Make yourself a delicious dinner and give them each a peanut butter sandwich on a napkin.
    Tell them that you're not their maid and that you are tired of being disrespected.
    If they would like their pampering to continue then they need to appreciate what you're doing for them and make an effort to make it easier on you, not just because you're pregnant but because you're a human being!

Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 3:29 PM on Aug. 5, 2009