fish tacos?

What kind of fish do you use? How do you make them? are they good?

airforewifenmom

Asked by airforewifenmom at 1:44 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Food & Drink

• That sounds disgusting
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:46 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I love fish tacos...usually when we make them we use mahi mahi or halibut...you can bread and fry them but I try to keep them healthy so I grill my fish...We put the fish on the taco, cabbage and a bit of home made tartar sauce. Alternately I sometimes will make sort of a cold slaw from and use that in place of the shredded cabbage...

YUM!!!
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 1:49 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• *takes the "from" away in the last sentence*
    mamakirs

• I heard of this the other day. I would think that tuna would make the most sense since you can make chicken tacos and tuna is a little like chicken. But on the other hand I bet most fish would be good..like catfish :D
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 1:52 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I use whatever's firm, white and mild and on sale that week, so usually tilapia.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 1:52 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• halibut

Answer by rkoloms at 3:47 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I love mahi mahi tacos!
    DCchick06

Answer by DCchick06 at 3:57 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I recently discovered fish tacos. I also just recently had coconut shrimp tacos! AMAZING!

If you like SALMON, you will love these SALMON TACOS ! They are so GOOD! I ate them 4 days in a row for lunch!!

Buy salmon (we just bought frozen and it worked fine for this) Marinate your salmon in fresh Lemon juice, Lemon pepper and salt pepper etc. - Marinate for at least a couple hours. Bake Salmon until the meat flakes . Let cool and shred.

Most measurements done to taste: Go with your gut - In a sauce pan saute chopped onions, minced garlic and olive oil until onions are transparent. Add one pint of whipping cream. Keep on Medium/High heat and stir for around 8-10 minutes. Add a few pinches of salt and a couple pinches of sugar. Pepper too. Take off heat . Add 1 TBLS of Lemon Juice and 1 TBLS of Lime Juice and as much cilantro as you like. Let cool.

Cont..............
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 4:36 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Serve with shredded red and/orcabbage ( I do both because it's pretty) , cilantro and limes.
    I use corn tortillas but you can try whatever you like. Also if it's just me and hubby eating this, I use two fillets, but this is a great group meal.

We made them for a group of 50 recently We used 3 bags of salmon from Costco. It's not cheap, but that was our main expense. (less than $60) I think I did 3 batches of sauce. All the sides are fairly cheap.

I also discovered that the sauce seems better if you make it a day ahead. It's gets thick after being in the fridge. I liked it cold, but you could reheat it some if you wished. Serve the sauce along with all the other sides. I like ALOT on the taco ,but hubby likes very little.

Let me know what you think if you make these! They are addicting!
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 4:44 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• * supposed to be red and or GREEN cabbage up there.........oops!
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 4:47 PM on Aug. 5, 2009