Now that you're a mom what do you really think about people without kids?

I know this is going to sound anti-feminist and somewhat rude, but now that I'm a mom I can't help but think that my childless friends' worries are insignificant and somewhat trivial. I know that's really rude and judgemental, but seriously, when all you have to worry about is whether you'll go to Spain or England on vacation and what bar you'll go to on Saturday night, how can I really take you seriously? Haha. It's a secret pet peeve of mine now that I have a baby. I would never tell them that to their face, but I always think it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:44 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No change.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:45 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I know just how much they are missing out on. And I agree with what you said
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:45 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I THINK THEY ARE MISSING OUT ON A REALLY GREAT EXPERIENCE.

Answer by older at 1:45 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Don't care. STOP ASKING DUMB QUESTIONS!
    Anonymous

• Man are they missing out.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 1:46 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I don't think the question is dumb, I think it's interesting. Maybe you just don't understand it. Dumb is a question like "Am I pregnant?" I guess some people don't like critical thought.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:47 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Am i pregnant is not a dumb queston. It's scary when u think ur prego and to be able to talk about it helps. To ask a queston about how u think ur better becase u have kids is dumb!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:50 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I think that they are missing something special, but sometimes the childlessness is by choice and sometimes by fate. I think that if we learn to stop judging one another we will all be happier.
    Anonymous

• And if the world were perfect ourcrap would smell like flowers!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:52 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• There's no such thing as a stupid question.

But in answer...I don't think anything, really. Suppose it's because I don't know anybody with these "trivial" problems to which you refer....but I outgrew the vacation and Saturday night stuff many years ago. The childless folks I know have much more serious issues on their plate and they aren't that different from mine. I guess that's what happens when you hit your 40s.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:52 PM on Aug. 5, 2009