Close Spaced Siblings!

Hey ladies! I have a 9 month old boy and my husband and I have been talking about trying for another one soon. I want my children to be spaced close together so they'll be closer in age and also that they might get along better??
Whats your opinion on this?
Are your children close in age?
Do you think it makes a difference?

trl30

Asked by trl30 at 1:52 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

Level 1 (-5 Credits)
  • My 2nd and 3rd are 18 months apart and they are so close! I love having them this close in age because they entertain each other so well and like the same activities, toys and games. I recently had my 4th and my dh and I are discussing having another - if we do, I am going to go ahead and have it soon.

Answer by missanc at 2:27 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• thanks so much for the post! i really want to have another soon so they can play together like you said! =)
    trl30

Answer by trl30 at 2:32 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• My girls are, also, 18 months apart :) They are getting along SO well, now! They're 2 1/2 and 1 and they are the best of friends and have a blast together. I'll be honest in that there were days in the beginning when I was ready to jump out the window because 18 months is a difficult age gap. At that point, the older one is still into the "getting into things" phase and the baby obviously demands a lot of time, so it's hard to divide yourself sometimes.
    beadingmom17

Answer by beadingmom17 at 2:35 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• my first two are 11 months apart and the best of friends, my middle child and my daughter are 6 months apart due to her being premature. my daughter and my youngest son are 3 years apart and that has been harder on them then being close together. my next baby is due in jan so the youngest two will be close together also. it works for some parents and not for others. it just depends on how you look at it.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 2:37 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Yes my boys are all very close in age.

Bailey and Wyatt are 28 months apart.
    Wyatt and Kylan are 22 months apart.
    Kylan and the twins are 14 months apart.
    Then the twins and triplets are 26 months apart
    Then the triplets and Carter are 15 months apart.
    Then carter and the new baby will be around 5 months apart.

Keeping in mind carter is adopted.
    I love that they are so close in age, they're the best of friends.
    MummyMiller

Answer by MummyMiller at 2:45 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• PP--- thats a ton of kids! wow!

OP, i don't think it matters how far apart or close; everyone has their own opinions and reasons. there are pluses and minuses to all. :)
    annelebar

Answer by annelebar at 3:03 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• My oldest 2 (16 months apart) are best friends for the most part. They were so adorable to each other as toddlers and even until about age 5. But at almost 7 and 8 they fight constantly. I think it's a phase though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:06 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• My oldest two are 18 months apart and they get alone really well most the time. They are 5 and 4 right now. Then my 4 year old is exactly 2 years older than my youngest. They all get alone pretty good MOST of the time but when they don't OMG I want to run away lol I am curious to how it will be when they are teens. Me and my sister our 14 months apart and we could have killed each other when we were teens but we are best of friends now. I guess mostly it depends as they get older how they will be.
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 3:06 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• My kids are 17 months apart. I LOVE IT!! The first couple years were rough......... but I wouldnt change it for the world now.
    CrazedMomof2

Answer by CrazedMomof2 at 3:10 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• When my oldest was 9 months old I found out I was pregnant with her little brother. When that little brother was 10 months old I found out I was pregnant with another little boy. My daughter and middle son are 18 months apart and my middle and youngest are 20 months apart. I love it and wouldn't have it any other way.

On a side note, my little brother is almost 13 years younger than me and I feel we miss out on a closeness that me and my sister had (16 months apart) due to the age difference. He was only 9 years old when I started having kids.
    MynTop

Answer by MynTop at 3:59 PM on Aug. 5, 2009