Do you believe that most moms do the best they can for their kids?

I don't understand all the drama. Are they really people out there who think everything they do is so perfect everyone should be just like them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:56 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I do think MOST moms do. But there are still a lot of bad apples and morons who never should have had the opportunity to reproduce in the first place :)
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 1:57 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I don't base me raising my son on thinking everyone should do what I'm doing. Do I believe I am doing the best I can for my son? You bet. Is it perfect? Far from it. Am I learning more about being a mother as the years go by? Absolutely.

There is no guide book for this. It is trial and error. I don't care if some other mom doesn't have date night with their son or girls night with their daughter because I do. That's up to them. There are things that my son and I do that others don't. That's cool and it's ok. I do things differently than alot of other people.

Like "date night", my son and I will go out to a new restaurant or a movie that he's been waiting to see, just he and I. It's not often but when I have the money, we go and spend time together, just he and I.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 1:59 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I also think most do try. But sometimes trying is not enough. That doesn't mean my way is the only right way. I know each person is different and needs different approaches.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:59 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Yes, I tink most moms do the best they can for their kids. But then there are the ones who should never be allowed to reproduce. Just look at the foster care system.
    NannyTracy

Answer by NannyTracy at 1:59 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I think EVERYONE has it in them and that they can give their children the best if they try and do right by them.
    my2loves0607

Answer by my2loves0607 at 2:00 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• yes, YOU SAID IT PERFECT-THEY DO THE BEST THEY CAN FOR THEIR KIDS. KEY WORD HERE-THEY** WHAT WILL BE MY BEST, MIGHT NOT BE YOURS. :)

Funny you said that, kids think us as parents are perfect, they learn as they get older we are not, and we make mistakes like they do.

NO BODY IS PERFECT!!
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 2:06 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• lolol GET IT-YOUR QUESTION WAS PERFECT, HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!!!!
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 2:07 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Yes, I do think that most moms do the best they can for their kids. Of course there are the ones who don't care, don't try, don't deserve kids, but despite all the press to the contrary I believe they are the minority. Now the question comes down to what is best. What's best for my kids might not be what's best for yours and vice versa. I don't think that my way is the only way or the best way for every mom and child, but if a question is asked looking for advice I will share what has worked for us. But as many moms and kids as there are, there are as many methods, approaches, whatever you want to call it, and while they may not be right for me and my kids, it doesn't necessarily make them wrong
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 2:37 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• pobody is nerfect!

most moms do try their best. Sometimes we need validation that we are doing a good job so we like to be horrified by other peoples parenting
    having said that, it shocks me the number of idiots who procreate. read some of the posts, it can be ridiculous. I cant stand when moms put their own needs first at the kids expense. meeting your own needs is important, just make the kids the priority. people, please.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 PM on Aug. 5, 2009