So here's a question for all you mom's out there...How in the world do you get rid of that little bulge under your belly button? I am almost back to my pre-pregnancy weight and I have been working out and doing lots of ab workouts and whatnot and it will not go away!!! Any tips from those of you who have conquered the post-baby bump???

bbydoll509

Asked by bbydoll509 at 2:12 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• While it is definately true that diet is 80%, exercise helps as well. I have tried everything, I have 3 children and my 19 month old son was 10 pounds and 22 inches long! I have succeeded in getting rid of my lower belly buldge through lower ab exercise. Hold on to your couch, lift your legs straight into the air, then lower them slowly, when they are down DO NOT touch the floor, lift them back up quickly..repeat. Start with 3 sets of 10 reps. Also, I purchased the Bender ball, it has helped fantastically. Now if only there were a way to get rid of the wrinkly skin thing that shows up when you sit down...*sigh*
    Aaaaaaaaah

Answer by Aaaaaaaaah at 10:23 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I was hoping to find some good answers here....but from my experience that "baby bump" is there to stay! It's like a battle scar! lol....my youngest child is 14 and I still have the "baby bump"!
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 2:58 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Being 40 and preg. didnt help at all and I still have some of it.
    mzbarker2

Answer by mzbarker2 at 4:37 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• tummy tuck only way I seen it gone... I need one too... lol
    leovirgo_mom3

Answer by leovirgo_mom3 at 7:15 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Why do people think that never goes away? I had my son 11 months ago and I don't have it anymore (and I haven't had it for months now). The best thing to flatten your tummy is to eat right!!! I'd say that diet is about 80% of the battle and exercise is 20%.

Since you say that you still have a few pounds to lose, have some patience, stay determined and it will come off.
    sw33t_blond3

Answer by sw33t_blond3 at 7:20 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I don't know. My bump probably wont go away without a tummy tuck since I had a c/s.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:40 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• For a lot women it does not go away, even with exercise. When it doesn't go away some just live it like me or opt for a tummy tuck which is what I wish I could do.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 7:27 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Just because another woman lost hers with ease doesn't mean the next woman will even if she eats correctly and exercises.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 7:29 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I have 3 kids, and I do have the tummy thing. I am getting lipo in a few weeks. I have been working out in a gym since January, and I was just measured, and I have not lost an inch around the fat part of my tummy.
    It might be age, or how many kids you have. Or genetics.
    You didn't say your age, or how long ago you had your baby. After my babies, it took almost a year to get back to normal, and then after my third, it kinda stayed, then I went thru some very very stressful years, and now I have all this fat on my hips and tummy, but nowhere else.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:37 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• My skin stretched really bad. So mines here to stay. I like it, proves that I gave life.
    mehamil1

Answer by mehamil1 at 7:55 AM on Aug. 6, 2009