My DD made cookies for an elderly couple a few doors down, the woman took a bite, and broke her tooth.

Now this woman wants ME to pay for her dental bill-
I feel horrible, and maybe I should pay for it, but she is demanding I do so, because it was my DD's cookie that broke it.
what do u think.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:18 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I don't think she has a legal leg to stand on. I wouldn't pay for it unless it was court ordered, personally.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:20 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I would tell her that your dd baked them as a gift and she "chose" to accept it therefore you are not liable. If a cookie she ate broke it I think it was probably already cracked anyways and I would just tell her no. She can try to sue you but she won't win.
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 2:22 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• No, she was the one who bit into the cookie u didnt force it down her throat. Her teeth were probably ready to break anyway if it broke my just biting into a cookie.
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 2:25 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I wouldn't. It isn't uncommon to break a tooth at her age.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:28 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Were the cookies hard really hard? How old is old? 70's and 80's have worse teeth than people considered older in their 40's through 60's. If she pursues it I'd demand a copy of her dental records plus also her all letters from her dental insurance and those statements to see what was covered and not. I know from my son having sports injuries that medical insurance if they think the sports team's liabilitly insurance should reimburse the players insurance that the team's insurance will be pursued.

Don't take her word alone for anything. Get medical records for yourself and insurance statements too. I know how you feel. Years ago my dog bit another dog. They came after me for their vet bills. After I recieved their bills, I paid. But I demanded records first.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:29 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• She's an old bitty who has nothing else to do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:30 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• How mean. Your daughter was just trying to be nice, She took the cookie its her fault. Don't pay for it unless she sues you. Just be careful...people can be really mean.
    JacobsMommy05

Answer by JacobsMommy05 at 2:31 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• if someone has poor teeth. they will/can break on anything.
    it just happened that it broke while she ate your dd's cookie
    did you watch it happen? maybe she broke it on something else but saw an opportunity, ya never know.
    i do agree with anon:29... demand records, maybe her teeth were already bad. and just waiting to break.
    unless there were a bunch of hard pieces in the cookies. but still she chose to eat them knowing they could potentially break her teeth
    codysmama2609

Answer by codysmama2609 at 2:37 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• When I was about 7, I bit into a cookie and my tooth fell out. Mind you, this was a baby tooth that was on it's way out anyway. Unless your daughter added cement to the cookie mix (lmao-sorry), this woman's tooth was already about to break. Did she chomp down like she was attacking the cookie or what? lmao This woman is trying to pull one on you.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:50 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• What an ungrateful bitch. Like someone else said, I would only pay if you were court ordered.
    You didn't force her to eat that cookie. You didn't break her tooth. Personal responsibility and accountability belongs to her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:51 PM on Aug. 5, 2009