What should I do if I believe my c-section was medically unecessary?

finallyamom40

Asked by finallyamom40 at 2:23 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Health

• What do you mean, need details I guess?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:24 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Do you want to fight it? Call a lawyer. I dont know what you can do exactly, but a lawyer would.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 2:24 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• The problem is most c-sections are medically unnecessary, I don't know if you can do anything unless you have proof. You can talk to a lawyer and see if there is anything you can do.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 2:26 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I don't understand either How was is unessecary? Need more details as well. I had one and didn't mind it one bit.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:26 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• midnightmoma- i don't believe they are medically unessecary. c-sections have saved many babies.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:27 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Anon 27, I didn't say ALL, most are because the Dr's try and force an induction, pitocin alone increase your risk of a c-section. Most c-sections are being done for the convenience of the Dr, not for mom or the baby. I know alot of babies that needed a quick delivery, those are not the ones I am talking about.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 2:30 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• IF you have another baby, go with a different provider. Many C-sections are medically unnecessary but there is little to no recourse for you.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:31 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I was induced (not asked if I wanted to be and still don't understand WHY I was induced and why it had to be that day), then after 2 days on pitocin and no progress they broke my water, again didn't ask if I wanted it broken, finally after progressing got an epi (which I did ask for), only got to push for less than 4 hours when they decided it's time for a c-section, I did have to give consent but when I asked why I couldn't keep pushing they never answered me. I was told my baby wasn't in distress so......
    finallyamom40

Answer by finallyamom40 at 2:32 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Is it a cost issue where now you are paying more and you don't feel you should have to? I'm with the others...need more info. Also, why do you think the doctors were wrong in deeming it necessary? I don't hear about many docs pushing c-sections on moms who haven't requested one.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:32 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Midnightmoms- Sorry that is what I thought you were talking about. My apologies. I had one and it saved my son's life that why i took offence...sorry

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:34 PM on Aug. 5, 2009