Big words?

Dude is 6 and he has started tring big words he hears, like "apparently" .. he apparently did it by himself.. lol its to funny to hear him use it, but just wondering if any other kids his age are tring these BIG words..

ArlieBeeMee

Asked by ArlieBeeMee at 2:28 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My 6 year old keeps saying, " I am a little bit confused." LOL.
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 4:06 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• my step-son is 6.... and he has been using the word "forecast" He wants to watch the weather to see the forecast... cracks us up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:30 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• My 3 year old uses big words all the time and it is so funny...she says apparently, terrible, disguesting, carefully...etc. It just makes me laugh, all those words coming out of this little person.
    mommy2karsyn

Answer by mommy2karsyn at 2:36 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• My 2+ year old is a parrot. He was quoting my hubby verbatim when he was on the phone the other day.

timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 2:41 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• my son has been using big words since he could talk. I have never used small words when speaking to my kids just because they are kids. I speak to them the same as I would any adult, and so they picked up a large vocabulary very early. Just the other day my 5 year old was talking to me about nutrition, and what kinds of nutrients are in what foods.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 3:51 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• My SS loves to use words that he has heard recently. It's funny how he uses them too. And sometimes he uses it correctly, but the way he words things it sounds funny. I love when he mixes up clichés. "I knew that one by hand." "I said that one off the top of my heart!" are two phrases he's currently mixing up right now LOL.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 PM on Aug. 5, 2009