can any one answer this? Please

Hey everyone I just went to th restroom and I have been having awful cramps like period cramps(not my period because I am 38 weeks and 4 days pregnant)
I wiped and when I wiped(TMI) there was this yellow mucus like stuff, I have never had this before. I know that I am 4 cm dilated as of yesterday but what could this be?
NO SCARES PLEASE!=)

bennysmommy816

Asked by bennysmommy816 at 2:39 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You're probably losing your mucus plug. Have no fears, it's normal.
    It doesn't mean you're going into labor but your body is definitely getting ready!
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 2:41 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Early labor pains can feel a lot like period cramps. Keep an eye on things. If they are regular, and getting more frequent and more intense, it's labor! Mucusy discharge is totally normal at this point in pregnancy. It is a part of your mucus plug.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:42 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• mucus plug... lost mine at 38 weeks. next day had bloody show (like the mucus plug but pinkish bloody streaks in it)... two days after that my water broke and few hours later had my beautiful baby girl... congrats you'regoing into labor... make sure your bag is packed and get plenty of rest until it's time to go to the hospital
    marchma2b

Answer by marchma2b at 2:49 PM on Aug. 5, 2009