Has this happened to anyone else???

I am 40 wks Pregnant and last night and far into the morning i was having very bad constant period type cramps. The nurse at my birthing center told me it sounded like I had begun labor, but about 20 minutes ago it stopped. Has this happened to anyone else? This is my first and I am so clueless as far as what to expect.

mandarellee

Asked by mandarellee at 2:41 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have done that! I'm 39 weeks now and mine were coming regular so I went to the ER and they stopped while I was hooked up. The doc just told me to put my feet up and drink lots of water, bc it could be the beginnings of pre-labor. Good luck!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 2:48 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Well, you could be like me. My body won't progress in labor by itself. I'll have contractions but they aren't strong enough to do anything until they jumpstart it with some pitocin. They don't have to give me much, but it does the trick.
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 2:52 PM on Aug. 5, 2009