is this normal?

Is it normal for your mucus plug to be yellow and have no blood?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:45 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If you are having yellow discharge, it usually means infection and you should see your doctor!
    smzuzu

Answer by smzuzu at 2:48 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I agree- I would definitely have it checked out bc that could mean a bladder infection, which if not treated could hurt the baby. It might be nothing at all, but I would consult your doctor and let them know what is going on.
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 2:58 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• If its your mucus plug and has a yellow hue and your SURE its your plug then its no big deal. Thats why its described as snot. Discharge and plug are two different things. And yellow discharge means a LOT more than infection. Infectious discharge would still be white it would just be unsually thick or smell. You might have a slight PH imbalance but unless you have other symptoms its most likely nothing. Like I said discharge and mucus plugs are two totally different things.
    Goldie_And_Luke

Answer by Goldie_And_Luke at 3:11 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I've lost bits of my mucus plug and it was yellow. My doctor verified that it was parts of my mucus plug because I initially thought I had an infection.
    Bring it up to your doctor and get checked for infections just in case. It's always good to have a piece of mind.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 4:49 PM on Aug. 5, 2009