Has anyone ever been told they had a fat tumor?

My Doc said its nothing to worry about, but I dont like the word tumor... So I got home and looked it up. I read an article saying it was cancer. This is scary has anyone else been told they had this? How long ago was this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:58 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Health

• Nope not cancer. A fat tumor is just that. A tumor (Group of tissue) made of fat. I would have it removed as it will just get bigger. Sometimes though it comes back.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:01 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• They are called fatty tumors. They CAN be cancerous depending on where and how big they are. If your doctor told you its benign then its somewhere that wouldnt be cancerous. There is no reason to have it removed unless it is directly causing something else to happen. Mine was in the base of my skull creating pressure in my brain and headaches. Most dont grow at all and the ones that do need to be monitored because they are potentially cancerous. Which your doctor would have mentioned. (Hopefully)
    Goldie_And_Luke

Answer by Goldie_And_Luke at 7:05 PM on Aug. 5, 2009