Can someone explain the purpose of a diaper cake?

What is it for? why would i want it? and why is it so popular?

Laura_Cruz

Asked by Laura_Cruz at 2:59 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think they're a waste of time & money really. I don't see a purpose to them if you're just going to rip it apart and use the diapers. I'd rather get the diapers still in the package(s) as well as the other stuff that would be in/on it. I'm not big on recieving things that aren't in their packaging.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:12 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• It's just a cute way of presenting diapers as a gift for a new mom. You just use the diapers as you regularly would. It's just what my son would call "for good look-at's" for gift presentation.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:02 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• what is a diaper cake?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:04 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• its SOO cute, thats why, its a nice way to present diapers to a new mommy- I made one for my aunt a few years back, 3 layer diaper cake. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:07 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• its a buncha diapers made to look like a cake. i had never heard of it before i got one at my work shower. it was pretty, but i didnt use the diapers b/c they were falling apart after being rolled up to make the cake. there was also a handful of smaller gifts within the cake; combs, desitin, small bottles of lotion & soap, etc.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 3:09 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• They are pretty and you can have a guess how many diapers in the cake game at your baby shower! They are very easy to make! We have 2 in our house since I had extra diapers from my son growing so fast! I am going to give them away when one of my friends gets pregnant! My husband even knows how to make one(I made one and so did he!)
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 3:20 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• How do you make a diaper cake?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:29 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I got one at our baby shower (3yrs ago)... It was ADORABLE & everyone loved looking at it. A few thought it was part of the decorations... We let it sit in DD room for as long as possible but once it started looking kinda crappy we took it apart & used the diapers..
    There is ALOT more diapers in that thing than it looks!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 4:23 PM on Aug. 5, 2009