What are the best diapers to use and why?

i have been using pampers for my 10 1/2 month old who weighs 20 lbs. He soaks through it at night and i want to know what is the best kind to use. I am switching to huggies so see how that goes.

carsons-mommy

Asked by carsons-mommy at 3:10 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Cloth diapers? For my kiddos, it seemed like they peed in the disposables at night more because they couldn't feel the wetness. When I put them in cloth and they realized it was uncomfortable, they got much better at holding it until morning. When I was using disposables I HATED Pampers. I always got the Walmart brand cheap ones and they worked very well in my opinion. Huggies are awesome but expensive. Good Luck!
    LisaPisa

Answer by LisaPisa at 3:14 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I LOVE Huggies. We used Pampers when our son was a newborn, and they didn't hold as much. He's now 8 1/2 mos and 23lbs and I love the Huggies. They FIT him and hold so much more!

hope the Huggies work for you!
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 3:15 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Huggies.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:17 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Luvs. But if you like a certain brand, just get the next size up for overnight. I cannot stand pampers or huggies. Luvs have been the best for my last 2 kids.
    Anonymous

• I always went with luvs. my kids soaked through the huggies and the pampers and every other brand than the luvs..plus they are less expensive
    d3vilbunny

Answer by d3vilbunny at 3:18 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• We use LUV's during the day and we use Huggies overnights for bed time. We have also tried the papers night time diapers and we didn't like those. We also go the next size up in his night time diapers. SO he has size 4's usually but size 5 at night
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 3:18 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I love pampers but then I started having the same problem! It was almost as if they changed their diapers or something. (Which they did I realized, they made the cruisers into the same type as swaddlers which I loved the swaddlers when my son was a new born) But I use LUVS now. He doesn't soak through them either!
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 3:29 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• YA, I love pampers cruisers too, but now they just seem like there not holding a lot! maybe i will give luvs a try too.
    carsons-mommy

Answer by carsons-mommy at 3:41 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I have always used Pampers but when I was at Target last week I saw that they had a new brand and gave them a try. The Target Up & Up brand is great. My 2 year old and 1 year old have not had any leaks and they are great diapers.
    frapanda

Answer by frapanda at 3:43 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I love pampers. DD got rashes from huggies, but otherwise they were good. And we had leaks with Luvs. So I stuck with pampers (but only the ones with flex). At night, I just used a larger size and didn't have any problems. Some of their newer ones have overnight protection and Huggies has the same type of product sold separately. At 20 lbs, you can put the size 4s on ehim and just wrap them tight. It sounds like he's either drinking a whole lot just before bed time or he's getting better at holding his bladder and releasing a whole lot at once.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:53 PM on Aug. 5, 2009