Can a 2 year old rebell by regressing?

My 2 year old was fully potty trained. Now all of a sudden she has been purposly peeing and pooping on her bed at nap time and night time. The last week I have washed her bedding everyday. She poops on the bed and then smears it on the walls, herself, the bed, the floor and even my sons crib. Then she walks out and says she needs a shower. How can I make this stop? Its not like her to be like this and everyone says its just a stage she will grow out of it but its been a week of poop and a month of peeing. She actually has looked at us and peed on her bed. She also will say I have to potty and we will take her immediatly and she has already gone. She doesnt do this for her sitter. In fact her sitter thinks were crazy when we tell her what she has been doing. I dont know what to do anymore but its causing alot of stress in my home.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:24 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• you said your son's crib. how long ago did you have your son? I have heard of them doing that for new attention. and clearly she's doing it strictly for you guys
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:02 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• My son is 10 months old, we concidered it to be that because he is starting to walk but he started that a month ago when it started and we are trying to do everything we can to make sure she gets TONS of attention.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:57 PM on Aug. 5, 2009