Does your husband/So belch & fart in front of the kids?

My DH does this in front of my daughter and they laugh about it. It make me so mad because I told him that she is a little girl and needs to act like a lady! Why are men so stupid?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:26 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in General Parenting

• Why not? It's all a part of a healthy, properly functioning body & digestive system. I do it too. My kids all burp, fart, laugh, talk about it, and then say excuse me. As long as they excuse themselves after they let one rip, I couldn't care less!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:30 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• It is a man thing in my house. My husband and two boys, do this and laugh about it.
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 3:30 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I don't realy care if he lets his bodily functions happen, but I ask him to say excuse me when he is around the kids. There is a thing called manners, and even if he does those things it doesn't give him a reason to be rude.
    etsmom

Answer by etsmom at 3:36 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• LOL. I do that in front of my kids. I say excuse me and I don't do it in public places, but it's natural.
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 3:44 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Of course... of course I do too...

We're not hung up on being "ladylike" or anything.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 3:45 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• YES! My DH does that in front of all of us. The boys all get into a contest as to who can fart in whose face first. It's gross to me. For me having gas and being pregnant are synonymous. I don't fart in front of them. I do leave the room and go to the bathroom. I agree it's natural. It's ok for the guys to do it but not me. I always leave the room.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 3:47 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• a lady should act like a lady! It's about self respect I still manage to never belch or etc in front of my husband it's not about being lady like it's about being freaking classy!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:49 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Ladies don't have gas?

Answer by rkoloms at 4:23 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Sure we do but we try to leave the room and yes we belch but not in front of others if we can help it.. but some women don't care which is sooo gross lol I can see the ones getting all defensive here just farting away when hubby/ or b/f is trying to get it on LMAO I picture a big gal just farting and burping But No I agree I leave the room I mean I understand being comfortable but Comfortable that that's just disgusting I agree Have class NOT GAS!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:44 PM on Aug. 5, 2009