• In the Spotlight:

Im 20 want to be pregnant was on depo, now Im afraid ill never get pregnant Again?

Anyone who has been on Depo, young or older age do you think ill have a problem if i never use birth control again in my life to have atleast 5 kids?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:26 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Health

• I had a baby. Went on depo. Loved it. Got off it. Got pregnant fairly quickly (without actually "trying"), and have since had 4 kids.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:31 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I got pregnant while on depo.. yeah so much for 99.99% safe. It's ok. Stay on it as long as you want. But keep in mind it can take up to 18 months to get pregnant again after being off of it.. NOthing to worry about!!! GOOD LUCK
    fireangel0310

Answer by fireangel0310 at 3:57 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I think stressing out causes a lot of women to not ovulate, and therefore, not be able to concieve. Once you're off Depo.. just take your time and don't worry. You're 20... your biological clock has a lot of tick tock left.

good

brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 4:16 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I was on it for 6mons and have been off for just 2 years and havent had any luck at all. And all I can say is good luck maybe one day my dd will get her baby borther or sister
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 8:54 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• ohh I was on it from 19-20
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 8:55 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Ahhh good 'ol depo. I got ONE shot. ONE. Completely stopped my period (I was on it when I got the shot, per docs orders), and didn't have one for 3 months. Decided not to get the shot again. My (now ex) hubby and I were trying to have a baby, but had NO luck. My periods were still irregular. In December of 2003 I started taking Oral BC Pills, had a period in Mid January after going off the pills, and on Valentines Day of 2004, found out I was prego :)

I would suggest a month or two of OBC pills to regulate your cycle, then get to business :)) GL!
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 1:46 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• My friend went on depo and didn't get her period for a year after she stopped. She wasn't trying to get pregnant though. I would talk to your doc, the BC suggestion might help.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Aug. 8, 2009