had a c section want to know when is it safe to work out

i had my son july 1st with an emergency c section, when can i start working out?

HuntersMama09

Asked by HuntersMama09 at 3:33 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Health

• You need to decide your body's strength and when you feel you're pushing yourself too hard. Some women bounce back right away, others might not be so lucky. You find a happy medium where you feel you are getting what you need at that time out of your workout and work back into it gradually.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 3:36 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Please wait and do as your doctor advises. You don't want to tear anything inside of you. I had one and was told to not lift anything heavier than my son. Go by the advice your doctor has given you. =)
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 3:37 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I've had three children by csection. No, I didn't exercise (maybe I should've..lol) but I would do it when you stop having the pulling sensation and pain by your incision and when the incision is healed COMPLETELY. Would hate to reopen that wound again, it's not fun!! Enjoy your baby and cherish every moment. Exercise will always be there.
    fireangel0310

Answer by fireangel0310 at 3:51 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Do what your Dr. says. It will probably be at least 6 weeks. I tried to do too much after mine and I caused the scar to bulge out more.
    NannyTracy

Answer by NannyTracy at 4:15 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• i had a section on the 10th, my doctor told me to rest for 4 weeks. i have my 4 weeks appointment tomorrow... im gonna ask him about exercising and my hubby wants to know when we can...ya know. lol...he is getting very anxious.
    i wanna get the go ahead on exercsing tho... im ready to lose this last bit of weight.... im already almost 20 pounds less than i was BEFORE I got pregnant! now if i could lose the last 10-15 i was trying to lose before i will be soooo excited and happy!
    HuntersMomee

Answer by HuntersMomee at 12:03 PM on Aug. 6, 2009