School Lunches

Our school lunches are great so I usually have my dd eat at school unless it is something she hates. Do your kids usually eat at school or bring a lunch?

ria7

Asked by ria7 at 3:37 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• just depends. ours likes the cafeteria lunch but seems to be cheaper just to make a lunch for him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:38 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• oh and that way we know he is eating something good for him. he can be a picky eater
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:39 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• It was cheaper to pack, so that's what I did.

Answer by Bmat at 3:40 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• They eat at school because it's free. There are a couple of meals that when on the menu, I'll pack their lunch, due to a couple of foods served being potential allergens and them never having the foods (shrimp, mainly).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:41 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I pack my girls lunches - I wish they could get free lunch at school because that would be one less thing for me to do at night and we'd save a few bucks on our grocery runs.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 3:44 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• My older daughter buys every day. My younger daughter is just starting school this year so we will see how she is with it all.
    melibear5715

Answer by melibear5715 at 4:14 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• My daughters are disgusted with the food choices at their high school so they bring their own food from home. They prefer finger foods and small snack bags instead of sandwiches, though.

I don't know if we'd be able to afford it anyway because lunch prices went up to $2.25 this year, which would be $22.50 per week, $90 per month. Ouch! We go to Sam's Club or the Commissary to buy the foods they take with them for less than half that amount per month!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 5:33 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• My son is picky so he takes peanut butter and jelly sandwich, cheetos and hi-c juice box every single day. My other three are starting school this year and they will get their lunches at school because they are not so picky.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 6:34 PM on Aug. 5, 2009