Do you believe that the government wants single moms to stay home?

I have heard this a lot on here recently. A lot of single moms seem to think that the government wants them to stay at home with their children. What do you think?

IMO that is simply not true. Otherwise there would be a special type of assistance just for them. And also, why would this only be available to single mothers instead of ALL mothers?
And yes, I am a SAHM. We are not on any government aid and I have a disability so I cannot work anyways. Oh, I do watch someone else´s child in my home though :)
No bashing, I am just curious what your opinion is!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:48 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• oh hell no.. im a single mother and would never dare to stay home. i couldnt imagine thriving off assistance, and barely making it each month. i can help myself, thank you big G.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 3:50 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Why single moms should stay home? My husband and I working and taking care of our baby? That’s not fair, My taxes pay for their kids. we'll have more single moms if government pays them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:56 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• The ads I see for government funding for further education are mostly for moms. I would assume that means single and married. So, my answer is no, I do not think the government wants moms to stay home and raise their kids.
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 4:12 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• The government should want all mother's to stay home. I've seen nothing to give me the impression they want single mothers home. In fact, I very much get the impression that they want every human old enough to hold a job to do so.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:23 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• You believe too much and should research things instead of going by "what you heard"..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:29 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Where did this question come from? Because I've never run across anything suggesting that I should stay home with my children instead of working to support them.
    gludwig2000

Answer by gludwig2000 at 4:40 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I certainly hope not. If this ever was true and the news got out, can you imagine how many single women would suddenly get pregnant? Far too many!!!! That would be a nightmare!! We don't need any more birth spikes in this country. We've got too many prolific breeders already.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:45 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I think the Govt. wants ALL of us 100% dependent on them, and we are now sadly heading that way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:58 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I dont think so but in a post there was mom who justified getting PA and her at SAHM saying she got an infant exempt from work for a year to stay home and raise her daughter. I googled what she was talking about and could not find anything about it. I really dont know. I hope not because I believe staying home is a privilege and I am very happy I get to do that now.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 5:05 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• "oh hell no.. im a single mother and would never dare to stay home. i couldnt imagine thriving off assistance, and barely making it each month. i can help myself, thank you big G."

And I, as a single mom working 4 jobs, agree completely w/ BEXi! I could not & would not stay home if I required PA in order to do so.
    KLBrown

Answer by KLBrown at 5:07 PM on Aug. 5, 2009