Is someone (or something) trying to give me a virus?

Today I started getting these emails in my inbox. Under the "From" heading, it says "none." Then the subject says stuff like "Healthy careers inside" or "Discounted jewelery" One says From: Bra and the subject is Discounted bras. In the last couple hours I've gotten 5 emails where it says From: None! I'm starting to freak out, thinking my computer is going to crash!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:50 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Stop opening them. Sounds like a virus for sure.
    DCchick06

Answer by DCchick06 at 3:55 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• It is spam. Did you sign up for coupons, free stuff or enter any contests? Just delete them without opening them. For future reference. Sign up for an email account then only use it for on line shopping and businesses. That way you don't accidently open one of these up thinking it is from a friend.
    CelticFaerie

Answer by CelticFaerie at 4:01 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I doubt virus. But just in case, run a complete virus scan. I also like spybot search & destroy (in addition to anti-virus software.) go to tools, internet options, delete temporary files. Delete all cookies. Good luck! Oh, and as CelticFaerie said, don't open spam emails. If I don't recognize the sender it is deleted immediately without opening. You may be able to train your email software to learn what is spam. For what I use I send messages to the junk mail folder and the program learns that these are junk.

Answer by Bmat at 4:06 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Thanks ladies! I deleted them without opening them, I only open stuff if I know who sent it to me but it was still worrying me but I'll do the virus scan just in case.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:27 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• It won't give you a virus unless you open up the message and/or attachments. You're probably just getting spammed where someone sold your email address to partner companies.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 7:59 PM on Aug. 5, 2009