Am I too old to go back to school?

I"m almost 42, I have the itch to go back to work, I want some kind of training in nursing, I dont know if I have the confidence or money to attempt this, I feel to old!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:56 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Money & Work

• No u r not too old. I just started a nursing program and there is a lady who is 52 who is starting with me I am 23. I think it is awesome. Do an aa degree in nursing it is not expensive. You can do it if u really want it.
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 3:59 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I am in class with a few women how are over 50 and getting their RN, my best friend in class is also 42, I dont think you are too old, and if this is something you really want to do, you will find a way. They have grants and student loans. Nursing school is not easy and it has taken me three years to get here, I graduate December...
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 3:59 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• You're never too old! You've already got the initiative, don't let it fade. I had plenty of older women in my education classes wanting to become school teachers. Financial aid is always available, you just have to look!
    vanessa5470

Answer by vanessa5470 at 4:16 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• An Education is a gift you give to yourself...that no one can take away..except yourself! Go to School! I think is a wonderful idea!
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 6:28 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• My mom and I were in college at the same time. She was right around your age when she started during my sr. yr in high school. She moved into a good career with great benefits and now has a solid pension to rely on. Go for it!! I'm trying to convince my b/f, who's 40, to go back now, too.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 7:14 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I think it will make you feel younger to be engaged in life, doing something you enjoy and loving it! So, don't worry about anything, just do it and feel good about it! Age is only a number...enjoy!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 9:28 AM on Aug. 6, 2009