Do you think that the Ice Cream Truck prices are a little bit too high?

a cone for $3.00 give me a break!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:57 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in General Parenting

• "So buy your own. The ice cream truck is a business not a charity operation. You pay for the experience and convenience. "

Whoa bitter patrol! Yea I do think it is really expensive. There may be a lot of expenses involved for the truck driver but it's hard to think of that when you lay down several bucks for ice cream. Fun? Yes. But whenever I hear the music playing I'll try and turn the TV up or make alot of noise so my kids won't hear it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:35 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• The guy has to pay for gas and the time to drive around, so I don't think it's too high. :) In a grocery store they only make a few cents on them, but they have much greater volume of sales.

Answer by Bmat at 4:00 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• yes but then again you have the option of buying cheaper items at the grocery or freeze koolaid in ice trays for free

Answer by admckenzie at 4:09 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• YES! 2.50 for a fudge bar? I could buy a box of 12 for that! lol. It's the experience that you pay for I guess. when you are a kids there is nothing like buying cheap yet over priced ice cream out of a beat up run down van with pictures on the side playing 'pop goes the weasel'
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:14 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• So buy your own. The ice cream truck is a business not a charity operation. You pay for the experience and convenience.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:21 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Yes they are a bit pricey, but the ice cream truck company/guy has costs too-- the merchandise, gas, the driver's salary, truck maintenance fees.... so they do have to charge a bit more to cover their costs.
    You could always make your own popsicles or fudge bars, it is not that expensive and the kids might have fun 'helping'. My mom used to make them alot, my sis and I had fun picking out different flavor combinations for popsicles.
    Some stores (like Aldi) have decent prices on ice cream treats (1 box of 12 ice cream sandwiches for $1.99).
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:30 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• 'But whenever I hear the music playing I'll try and turn the TV up or make alot of noise so my kids won't hear it! '

lol! i make my DS (5) buy his own with his allowance. I buy it the first time each summer but after that it's his money.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:39 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Yes, they are. Whenever my son wants ice cream at the park, i tell him lets go to the store and i will buy him lots of ice cream and we'll go home and make a sundae. I might buy it for him occasionally though.
    2princesnaKing

Answer by 2princesnaKing at 4:50 PM on Aug. 5, 2009