What does "eating organic" mean?

What type of foods can you eat? How do you know if something is organic? I am interested because I want my family to eat healthier. So far we have cut out fast food and snack cakes - hey, it's a start.

lovetwins89

Asked by lovetwins89 at 3:58 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Health

• If something is Cerfified Organic by the USDA. It means that the ingrediants or produce was grown with out the use of any chemicals. Think of how people grew things over 100 years ago before Pestisides. Also eating as much fresh fruits and veggs (Salads and things) as you can is the healtyest way to go. Actually anything that is cooked is less healty for you than the food producers would lead you to believe. Check out Mercola.com for lots of great health information. I love his site.
    Noble_One

Answer by Noble_One at 4:44 PM on Aug. 5, 2009