Whens the soonest you can get an acurate blood pregnancy test?

I was reading online yesterday that the earliest I could get a test is this Friday. Its 1 week from my period. Does anyone know if this is true?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:03 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• A blood test can pick up the levels as early as 7-12 days after conception. You can still get a negative if you test too early just like with a home pregnancy test.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 4:10 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• It is true. You will have a better chance knowing with a blood test right now than a urine test. But you can also get a negative result though becuase your body still might not be reacting to the pregancy yet.
    Fetters4

Answer by Fetters4 at 7:47 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Thats why I am confused. I have been taking ovulation tests and have gotten positive for ovulating for the last 4 days but this website (an ovulation calculating one) says I can have a blood test Friday and a urine test next thursday (the day before my expected period)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:44 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• my doctor told me its best to wait 3-4weeks after your missed period
    TaiZombie

Answer by TaiZombie at 11:09 PM on Aug. 5, 2009