How do I help my 3.5 year old boy pee without making a mess?

No matter how much I coach him on aiming, peeing slowly, etc it doesn't seem to matter, it still goes EVERYWHERE!!! HELP!!!!! I have to use antiseptic wipes every time he goes potty to clean up the floor, the wall, anything in range!

KeltyElizabeth

Asked by KeltyElizabeth at 4:10 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Make him sit...once he realizes that he only gets to stand like a big boy when he quits making messes, he will work harder to keep it strait.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:11 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• You could put cheerios in the toilet and tell him to aim for the hole. It worked for my two boys.
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 4:13 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• does he hold his "weewee" still and point it towards he potty? if not, try that
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:15 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• make him sit down until he can aim.
    DrJChappell

Answer by DrJChappell at 5:18 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• LOL. I have 3 sons and only one is potty trained. He is the oldest and potty trained very easily. He is a neat freak so he holds and aims very well. He sat until he was around 31/2 though. I hope my other 2 younger boys are even close to being as easy as my oldest. It may just take time for him to get control of things!!!
    team21

Answer by team21 at 5:48 PM on Aug. 5, 2009