Tap water and formula. Uh oh?

I was really sick 2 nights ago, so my DH took care of the baby. 7 weeks old. He's a great dad, but I usually do all the feeding so he didn't know not to use tap water along with the baby formula. All in all, he probably fed her 3 bottles. I think everything is fune, but the poor guy felt horrible when I pointed it out.
She seems fine. Happy, as usual. But she hasn't been pooping the same for the last 2 days. She usually has 1 or 2 reeeaaaallly fullll poopy diapers every day. But she hasn't had more than a few little squirts (TMI, sorry). Could the tap water have constipated her, or is this coincidence?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:18 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Probably not, the reason you don't use tap water is due to the fluroide (sp?) content and other minerals found in it. She should be ok, if she is squirting, she's not constipated.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:21 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Ya, but she will be fine.
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 4:21 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I always used tap water. Was never told not to.
    Shell89

Answer by Shell89 at 4:24 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Tap water is fine. It is not necessary to use anything other than tap water as long as your tap water is okay.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 4:31 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Different states and counties treat their water diff. It can cause constipation, but it is not dangerous she will get through it.
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 4:33 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I used tap water when I used formula too.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 4:35 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Personally I think it is possbile that there is a link between using the tap water and the BM's. Everybody is different and when you introduce something new things can be affected. Like others have stated I feel that things will be fine. Personally I would never used tap water unless it is filtered via reverse osmosis. Our water here in CA is horrible and I have researched tap water issues and have not liked what I found. Good Luck!!
    Noble_One

Answer by Noble_One at 4:38 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Yap I am also from CA and the tap water here is barely ok to get showered in even then it dries out my skin.
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 4:41 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Odd, but I HAVE to use tap with my dd. I have tried bottle, of every brand, nursery, callegan........EVERYTHING! and oddly enough, the tap works the best for her. She has normal diapers everyday....with the others, she was constipated. I think it was either a coincident or she just hasnt had to poop as much. Even adults have days where they just dont poop a bunch! lol..
    TNT8687

Answer by TNT8687 at 4:43 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• shruggingreally kirsty? over here we have our own water plant (in hayward) and thats supposed to be the best water in the state i think... anyway i used tap water with my sons formula every time, my pedi said it was fine

pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 4:45 PM on Aug. 5, 2009