Taking mini-pill and breastfeeding...

I got my period 1 month after I had my dd. I started the mini pill the following week, now 6 weeks later I haven't had a period since. Am I right to assume the minipill doesn't regulate your period like the regular pill? I know that b/f can mess with your period too.... just curious if anyone else experienced this.

stepmom929

Asked by stepmom929 at 4:19 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would take a pregnancy test to be sure, if it is negative then I wouldn't worry. I know a lot of women do not get a period if they are breastfeeding.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 4:21 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Dont worry. The mini pill has a low level of hormones so it doesnt control your period. I had very random periods while bf-ing. I was on the mini pill and I got maybe 4 periods in 13 mos.
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 4:28 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Breastfeeding will screw up your periods. But be aware that if you don't take the minipill on schedule, you can get pregnant very easily.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:56 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I'm bfing my LO and on the minipill right now and haven't had a period yet. She is 5 mos. old.
    Lauren0209

Answer by Lauren0209 at 5:44 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Its normal to miss your period when taking a progesterone only pill. if u missed your period it means one of two things: either you are pregnant or you did not ovulate (release an egg). If you dont ovulate then your lining of your uterus has no reason to detach. also the POP aka mini pill will thicken the lining of your uterus so that if an egg was released the sperm would have a harder challenge getting to the egg.
    Joanne28

Answer by Joanne28 at 5:53 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I know of 8 kids born on the mini-pill. Be very careful and take it as instructed....take a test.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:00 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I started the mini pill three months after my daughter was born. I had gotten my period a month after she was born and then not again until 1 month I finished breast feeding. I breast fed for 7 months.
    Kbabs

Answer by Kbabs at 9:03 PM on Aug. 6, 2009