• In the Spotlight:

Has anyone read "What to Expect BEFORE You're Expecting"?

I have two friends, a cousin and a sister in law who are all expecting. Scratch that...one just gave birth to a baby that looks strangely like my own daughter did when she was born...and quite honestly, it's pulling at my heart strings a bit. I'm happy for all of them...really. But I can't help be a little jealous that they are having second and third children and I simply can't do it yet. We're thinking in about 6 months or so once we move, start school, and increase our fundage. I was thinking of ordering this book because then I can have a my "planning to plan" plan and feel like I'm doing something baby-ish to give myself a new baby to look forward to...even if not already pregnant. Has anyone read this book to know if it's worth the money? Any other good reads for getting your body ready, making a to do list, etc...?

ErinHill226

Asked by ErinHill226 at 4:23 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I lived by that book when I was pregnant. I was my Prego-bible! I found it very informative and helpful!
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 4:25 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Yes! I lived by those when I was pregnant. Very useful!
    T-Howe

Answer by T-Howe at 4:26 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Read them, had some good advice but didnt live by them as each experience is different.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 4:35 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I have the *WHEN* and the first years book. Wasn't too impressed with either. It was nice to have soemtiems, but could get the same info off the internet much cheaper. But if you want to, go for it! Make it fun. Or find trying to conceive type websites and see what they offer as well. It oculd be more fun to make your own charts and notes and all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:14 PM on Aug. 5, 2009