Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do I respond to this?

my situation has everything to do with the kids, by me spending so much time at work, not being with them that hurts, by me suffering makes them suffer, if I am not stable enough to take care of our finances then who gone do it you? I am not thinking about myself, I always put my kids first that's why I took as much as I could to hold us together. I see their pain, I took all this on at the age of 22 now I am 26 and don't know how to really handle their dissappointments. I want the best for my boys, I just hate seeing their sad faces, b/c daddy don't want to come around, in the past he only called twice or maybe three times out the month try explaning why daddy want come around cause mommy don't take care of daddy finances anymore. I just want advise, some women can take more than others just to keep a man, then some have standards with kids or not?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 4:25 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in General Parenting

Answers (3)
  • Talk to a counselor. You JUST said your husband wanted joint custody. If you're sad that the kids are sad b/c he's not around....that's your fault b/c you said no

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:39 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

  • well, how old are your kids? Not all families stay together, I am sur ethey are sad but you need to hold yourself together metnally for them, so when you are around them, hold it together, so you picked a shitty father for your boys, you know that now.. my mom picked a shitty dad for us but she is my best friend and I never knew she struggled the way she did. I always felt #1 and never felt her sadness. When they are older they will understand you did this for them, and their dad isn't worth thier time.

    Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:42 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

  • WTF are you talking about anon 4:39 she said Daddy does NOT come around any more because SHE can not/does not support HIM financially any more.

    To the poster....... Take care of your self, apply for government assistance if you need help while working, apply for child support, they are his children too and even if he does not want to be apart of their life they are still partically his responsibility. Get counseling! There are many free places where you can get counseling to help you deal with the heavy load you are carrying and get help.

    Good luck Momma!

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:01 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in General Parenting
How do I respond to this? Part 2

Next question overall (Pregnancy)
why do ppl?