What things don't you sweat anymore since becoming a mom?

I know before having kids I had to have my hair done in a salon several times a year. No kids meant having more extra money to spend on clothes. Nails were done, nothing flashy but done. Late night nights out with girlfriends and hubby.

Fast forward several years and two lil girls later -
I'm lucky if I see the salon a once this year, I'm in real bad need of a trim.
I still buy clothes but not nearly as much as I did before the girls and of course more money is spent on theirs, my fave places are now Old Navy, Target and Lands End.
I do get my toes done a few times a summer but my new buddy is the Ped Egg for those in between visits and my forget about my finger nails, my hands are in too much water all the time. Late nights for me are rare nights out with hubby and nate nights at home are 10:30pm.
But for the sake of my girls I'm more than happy not to sweat the small stuff.

Ladybugkisses76

Asked by Ladybugkisses76 at 4:43 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I go to the store in my pajamas and think nothing of it. This dishes get done once a day, and that is with a dishwasher. You load as you go and empty it as you eat. LOL Its amazing what becomes important or not important. I still likea clean house but I'd rather tickle my little 19mo old snuggle bear or watch Disney with my 7 yr old princess. clutter comes and goes but our little ones memories of how we spend our time with them will last forever.
    mls777

Answer by mls777 at 1:20 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Being dressed up to go anywhere. I wasnt a big dresser upper before but I tried to have makeup on a little and all that.
    Now...could care less.

My biggest thing(and Im still working on not sweating over it constantly)is being places on time. Im ALWAYS 10mins early or I feel late. Now, with 3 kids, I can start an hour or so before we need to leave and still end up leaving later then I wanted LOL.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 4:46 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• hehe. Let's see. I no longer go to bars or get drunk. I feel very guilty about smoking now, even though I only smoke occasionally. I really don't care what anyone else thinks of me. I'm too busy for that. I can't nap anymore, I can barely sleep at night. I still get my hair done and eyebrows groomed. I don't want to let myself go!
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 4:48 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• just one example is not having my nails done, i used to do them myself and they were always nice, now i have no time for filing and polishing (and the constant water thing would make the polish peel off anyway)
    i have no problem with the "mom" look but my S/O wants and i think expects me to be the way i was before kids??
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 4:51 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• i think about this all the time...and not that i miss much of it because i dont. now, i am living the life i had dreamed about when i was single and childless...so needless to say, i am happy. but i dont get my nails done anymore, i have only had one pedicure in the last 2 years- gotta love the ped egg, lol, i only go shopping for myself about twice a year to get ready for the new season and on occassion, buy something new to spruce up the wardrobe, but my son has 30 shirts with the tags still on. my luxuries include buying a super cool razor a new candle. and oddly enough, i am content with that. and not too sound like a bad friend, but i dont care that much about the drama of my single and dating friends anymore- so i dont miss that. im more into who's kid is starting to sleep all night or use the big potty. times change.
    brodysmama23

Answer by brodysmama23 at 4:55 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Things I learned not to sweat: Boogers and other bodily functions, chipped fingernail polish, the car needs washing, lipstick on the wall, cleaning up puke, not looking perfect just to go to the store, thinking I had to have brand-name groceries,finding hard & molded PB&J in the bottom of the toy box (so that's what he did with it). I finally just stopped using hairspray altogether - it's not gonna stay when a 2 year old gets hold of it anyway; scrunchies are part of a mom's fashion statement, LOL; and I learned not to ask or worry or judge another woman who was in the middle of the drug store at 4 PM with a mysterious stain on her shirt, then as my kids got older, I learned to appreciate NOT sitting next to a family with kids when I went out to eat. (No offense, I had my own in restaurants - I'm just saying that now that they're not young and rowdy - I appreciate a peaceful meal from time to time.)
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 5:04 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• My house does not always have to look perfect, there are some things that are viewable but don't match the furniture (walker, baby swing, toys, high chair, pack-n-play, bouncy seat), I only buy clothes that I can wash and wear - not dry clean...lol - it's okay for dirty dishes to sit in the sink until the next meal, making funny voices when reading big word books is fun, and quick showers get me just as clean as a 30 minute soak in a sudsy tub. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 5:11 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• My hair, my clothes, my makeup, my shoes, my nails. I devote all my time to my daughter and boyfriend and when I do have time for myself I wanna sleep!
    MomAt15woah

Answer by MomAt15woah at 6:15 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• i use to have a job, take long showers in the morning, put on my "face", do my hair, pick out an outfit, my home would be perfectly clean and orderly, hubby and i would always see the latest movie or sleep in late on the weekends but now i am in and out of the shower, the hubs will have to deal with a little bit of stubbly leg.. i quickly swirl on my bare minerals and pull my hair up into a loose pony and pull on whatever is clean. but it's worth it, my daughter is my world, and this time with her will go by so fast, i try not to dwell on what i "used" to be able to do though, my husband and i have a whole new life now with this new little lady and making sure she is happy and healthy is worth giving up what i used to sweat about :)
    NewMomKelly

Answer by NewMomKelly at 6:24 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• my hands have nail polish on them but different colors on each one. I never would have done that before. Also poopy- Other peoples poop still bothers me but i learned that when you have a kid you some times have to get your hands dirty. With poop or whatever else its still gross but i don't gag anymore.LOL :)
    casd

Answer by casd at 6:43 PM on Aug. 5, 2009