annoyed but trying to keep the peace

my SO's friend is such a nice guy, easygoing and fun...his wife on the other hand is spoiled and mother-hen-ish. i have known her for years, since highschool. SO has only been friends with the hubby for about a year. we have started planning a few trips together and i cant take how all the decisions are left up to her. i had told her i wanted to take SO on a trip for his birthday. she invited herself and hubby. then wanted to change the date to fit her schedule better??? then found somewhere for us to say and consulted my SO about it instead of me. now she has decided to change the place yet again. did i mention this was a trip i was planning for my SO's birthday??? and worse yet, the only reason i was planning this in the first place was so my SO and i could have a night of wild crazy sex without our 2 year old waking up and disturbing our intimacy!!! im telling her tonight to forget the trip. am i wrong? already told my SO

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:21 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• I don't think you're wrong in wanting to take a trip alone with your SO at any time, especially for his birthday.

Sounds like this woman is a bit of a control freak and personally I wouldn't want to "vacation" with someone that self centered and bossy.

Maybe tell her that you and your SO are going to have a private trip for his birthday and when you're back from that MAYBE you can figure out another time to go for a group trip or something.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 5:45 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Try telling her that you and your SO really like the place you were going to stay in the first place and that the date they want to go on doesn't work for you and being that this was supposed to be for your SO, you are going to stick to the original plan. Then say you guys can possibly plan another trip for all of you even though you probably don't want to actually do that! Good Luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:03 PM on Aug. 5, 2009