what are some good and easy potato dishes?

I would love some of your potato dishes, DH and DS love potato's, but I dont know many ways to serve them, other then mashed potato's, potato wedges, ect.. Any tips or idea's would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:30 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Potato cakes are great.
    Bubble and squeek.
    Moussaka.
    Bombay Aloo.

Just do a google for those recipes and you should find loads.

(Lol, I would know about the spuds - I live in Ireland.)
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 5:32 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• mmmm...Shepherds pie with HP sauce. :0)
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:45 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• These are awesome, I am always asked for the recipe:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Zesty-Red-Potatoes/Detail.aspx

gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 7:45 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Oven fries
    Scalloped or au gratin potatoes
    Cheesy potato bake
    twice baked (stuffed ) potatoes
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 8:18 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• potato salad
    potato leek soup
    potato pancakes

what about sweet potatoes? they are so much more nutritious.
    sweet potato pudding
    sweet potato pancakes
    oatmeal mixed with sweet potato

Answer by rkoloms at 8:35 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• au gratin (sp?) /layers of sliced potatoes and cheese with a tad of milk baked until tender

Answer by admckenzie at 10:59 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Here is an easy one. Put a package of cubed, frozen hashbrowns in a slow cooker along with cream of whatever kind of soup you like, the milk to make the soup, cheese or cheddar cheese soup. Let cook on low for about 4-5 hours or high for about 2 hours. Crunch up Frosted Flakes and sprinkle on top and serve. SOOOOOO good.

Make mashed sweet potatoes with brown sugar, butter and cinnamon. Sweet potato fries or wedges.

I make mashed potatoes and add sour cream, garlic powder and cream cheese. Potato salad. Scalloped, au gratin potatoes, potato bakes.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:03 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• My oven fries! Preheat oven to 450. Scrub a couple of big russet potatoes under running water. Dry well. Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray. Cut the potatoes into medium wedges, leave the skins on. Drizzle potatoes with oil. Pour a little oil into hands enough to coat your hands. Pick up the potatoes and toss them around in the oil. Just enough to coat the potatoes well, don't drench them. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and grated Parmesan cheese. Turn potatoes so that you can season other side. Arrange potatoes in single layer, sides not touching, skin side up. Bake for about 10 minutes on the bottom rack. Watch carefully. When they are nicely colored, turn them over, bake 10-15 minutes longer depending on thickness. Should be soft in the middle, crispy outside.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 12:56 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Google hashbrown casserole yummy it is good I had it and made it once not sure of all the stuff I can't remember but it is well worth the google time!!! Do you like potato salad?? Thats another good one so is twice baked potatos and potato soup.. Let me know what you think...
    Korysmom96

Answer by Korysmom96 at 11:53 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I found this on the blog of The Pioneer Woman and made some adjustments (mainly because her recipe calls for heavy cream and I don't use enough of that to justify buying a carton JUST for this....)

Russet potatoes (about one per person)
    brown onion
    butter
    salt
    pepper
    heavy cream
    fresh parsley

Dice potatoes in medium chunks. Dice onion. Place in foil packets. Add a couple pats of butter and a dash of heavy cream. Add salt, pepper and parsley to taste. Seal and bake in 350* oven about 45 min or till tender.

(I subbed in fresh rosemary and regular milk and they were still SOOOO yummy that I went back for seconds.)
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 2:09 PM on Aug. 6, 2009