anyone use "my baby6 can read"?

did it work? was it worth the price?

tattooedmomma23

Asked by tattooedmomma23 at 5:48 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in General Parenting

• Do a search of the topics. You'll see all the responses.

In a nutshell, the guy who created the "system" is banking on parents stupid enough to buy that crap.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:00 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Ya i agree with the above poster, I called in (being silly and gullable) And they swinddled me into all these other bullshit things, and the commercial said 14.99$ They ended up chargin 200$ to my account, My husband was fumming. It took me calling 4 different numbers and waiting until a buisness day ( I ordered on a sunday) Before they finally credited my account back the money, Which took 10 days, Ugh huge mess and aggravation.
    cainesmama

Answer by cainesmama at 6:09 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I say just read to your baby. He/she will enjoy the time with you and benefit more in the long run. There's no proof that kids that read early are more successful in school later, and there are instances of children being alienated from other kids their age because they can read early. I also don't agree with any program that suggests you plop your kid in front of the TV every day, but that's just me.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 6:39 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• dont get it its shit
    rozepyle

Answer by rozepyle at 7:12 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• It doesn't even teach reading! How can kids be more successful in school when they don't learn phonics (how to sound words out), they don't learn how to blend letter sounds, they only learn to memorize the look of a word! That's not freakin' reading! That's how my parent's generation was taught to "read" and not a single damn one of them could spell worth a damn!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:29 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I do not think they actually work. I read to my son and he learning to read at 3 years old because of that.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 9:44 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• It's a scam. The first time I ever heard of this was just this past weekend. I couldn't believe it. I thought "hmmm...this can be accomplished by reading to your child!!".
    MotherofIreland

Answer by MotherofIreland at 10:24 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• thanks ladies
    tattooedmomma23

Answer by tattooedmomma23 at 9:53 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• My husband and I bought the system and we ove it. I have always read books to my boys. After usisg the system for 2 weeks my 2 1/2 yr old (now 3) recognized all the words from the first video. I made him other flashcards and he knew what they said. After 3 weeks he new the first 2 videos and books. I made different flashcards with words that were not in the system and he DID recognized the letters and was putting the words together. Now my 3 year old can read over 75 words, recognizes all the alphabet letters and he is learning how to write. My 2 yr old is on the same track reading and recognizing words and letters. Now they actually want to read more and learn more. My neighbor, my sister and a friend all have the system and we reccommend it to everybody but that is our opinion. It is $214 but well worth it!
    LV981

Answer by LV981 at 10:06 AM on Aug. 6, 2009