doctors appt question

i am going in tomorrow for a pap smear, but i'm going to talk to her about me being pregnant bc i think that i am. when she checks me for the pap smear is she able to tell if i am pregnant or not? (by checking the cervix)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:00 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I don't think so.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:02 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• It is not always a positive sign of pregnancy but yes the cervix does change early during pregnancy, the main thing is color, it is not pink like normal it is blackish blue from the increased blood flow. It is called the chadwick's sign, there are others but I cant remember right off hand.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 6:03 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I would mention it before she takes you back... They can check you for pregnancy via your pee. Ask her if she can do a urine sample on you and see if you are preggers. If you are then congrats and I hope the pregnancy goes well!
    Cameolynn

Answer by Cameolynn at 6:30 PM on Aug. 5, 2009