has your DH ever missed your b-day or anniversary? how did u react?

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 6:01 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• Yep, we seperated and divorced 2 years later. Seriously, it was an obvious sign in my case. My birthday fell on a day that his "fantasy baseball" season was being heald(in Vegas!). The insult was that he didn't have to be at the hotel, he could have done his picks over the phone. Rather than discussing it with me at all, his independent decision had him on a plane, by himself, flying to Vegas for the draft. Could he have arranged to take me too? yes. But he did not. He didn't even ask me if I cared if he went or not. Less than a year later we had counseling, which he refused to attend at the beginning, and a year after that I told him to "get out"!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:18 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• nope. I know most men are stupid about things like that so I make a point to let him know when it is! Why risk it?

Answer by admckenzie at 7:38 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• No he doesn't. I would see that as a sign that he doesn't love me or think enough of me to do whatever it takes to remember. People should remember this stuff, but if they think they will forget, they can program their phone to remind them. Put a reminder on their calenders at work, at home, on their computer, on their planners, or have their moms or dad remind them. There is no excuse at all. And if they do then they need to make it up.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 7:44 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Well my Dh does get confused a bit because his mom's birthday is two day before mine. Her's is the 26th and mine is the 28th of Aug. So he buys us both cards and then asks me whose should be given first. Our anniversary falls exactly one week after my birthday. So he only has to celebrate one of those with a gift, is what I told him when we got married. He does usually give me something small for both though. We don't usually have the finances for anything more with two kids, and we are usually buying school clothes, etc.. Just like his birthday is two weeks before Christmas. So we do one there. It works for us, but even if he did, I wouldn't flip out about it. He shows me he loves me all the time, and buys me things when I ask for them (if we can), so I wouldn't mind.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 8:27 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Nope my hubs is good about remembering dates. Our youngest was born on my birthday, our middle was born on the anniversary of our 1st date-- so those dates he can't forget. Our wedding anniversary date he sometimes has to stop and think of what the date is-- and he is usually a day or so off on that (although I always remind him the exact date).
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:00 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• my hubby has forgotten the 2 birthdays I've had since we've been married. Hearing my family call me all day singing "Happy Birthday" usually reminds him and a week later I usually get a gift and a "Happy Belated Birthday" card. lol. This year he can't forget though because we'll be on vacation at the beach together......My bday is the same day as Lesli's aug. 28th :)

soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 10:28 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• My husband is military. So far we have only spent one of my birthdays and one anniversary together. For that anniversary I was in labor with our youngest. He will be deployed again for our next anniversary.
    deminika

Answer by deminika at 6:47 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• This only happened one time, and it wasnt his fault. It was my birthday and that same week he had to go away for a thing for work. But he felt AWFUL about it. On my birthday he called me to say happy birthday and that he had a surprise for me. Then he said "go open the door,I had it sent to you". When I opened the door he was standing right there in a tux holding flowers and a little box. It was soo sweet! In tears I asked what he was doing back early and he said the buisness thing was able to end early. He is the sweetest!! So he actually didnt end up missing my b-day,but it was pretty close.(for those of you who woundering what was in the box, it was 2 tcikets for a cruise!!)
    xomommy25

Answer by xomommy25 at 2:09 PM on Aug. 6, 2009