what are some things you refuse to buy generic of?

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 6:03 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Shopping

• Toilet Paper is the only thing I won't compromise on. Anything else I'll buy generic and I usually do. I'm too frugal to buy the name brand of everything.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 8:22 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I love Clorox wet wipes for my kids toys and stuff.... the store brands and dollar store ones just don't do it for me. Oh.. and I have to have the fancy lotioned kleenex too
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 6:04 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I have a hard time buying generic anything. I am a label snob lol. I think to myself all the time that I need to get over it b/c I'm not rich but I just can't bring myself to do it. (yet) :)
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 6:05 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• it's hard to risk generic when money is tight. Example: I was BROKE once so badly and bought a massive jug of laundry soap at the dollar store imported from like columbia or something for $4.... for like 220 washes! lol.... got it home and it smelled terrible, didn't clean, and left a weird blue stain in the washer. Soo... waste of time, gas, and $4. I trashed it and had to buy Tide anyway. It's a risky gamble trying generics sometimes...
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 6:07 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• i go generic for the most part. Right now the only thing that I must have non-generic is my meds. They do not come any other way.
    tabbykat6802

Answer by tabbykat6802 at 6:10 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I don't buy anything generic. I don't go to the store with a list or a budget either. If I did then maybe I would but haven't really had too. The necessitie things like cleaning supplies, makeup, TP, paper towels, garbage bags etc I would never buy generic even on a budget.

mommymine3

Answer by mommymine3 at 6:14 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• i dont buy generic anything.. if i want it bad enough then im going to spend the money on it,
    hottietottie455

Answer by hottietottie455 at 6:14 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I dont tend to by generic but I flat out refuse to go with an off brand for make up, shampoo, well any hair product actually, TOILET PAPER Charmin only, body soap (dove only) and lotion.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 6:28 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• It is really seldom that I buy anything generic. Off hand the only thing I think I have in the house is generic oatmeal!
    NavyMama6894

Answer by NavyMama6894 at 6:30 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Rarely do I not buy generic brands that I've found to be just as good as the name brands, but I HAVE to buy Charmin! My DH won't let me get anything less lmao.
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 6:44 PM on Aug. 5, 2009