Witches... I need help with something to do tomorrow for a loved one who passed away a year ago. Suggestions?

Tomorrow marks one year since the passing of my dad/grandpa (he was biologically my grandpa, but he and my grandma adopted me so legally they were my parents and that's how I think of them). I'm taking this pretty hard. I'm going to write a journal about what happened in a few minutes, if you want more details. Anyway, I'm looking for some ideas for how to honor his memory and help me move past everything.

Thanks for any suggestions ladies.

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 6:05 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• On your alter place a single white pillar candle a pic of him and few of his favorite things or represation of what he loved to do... place some flowers ....
    Then do a prayer/ritual in Honor of him... letting him know he is missed and loved...
    And for dinner why not make one of his favorite dishes for your family...

It is simple bc our loved ones want us to remember them but not cry over them all the time... so we honor that love that we had/still have for them and go on...

Blessings my Dear
    and my thoughts are with you and yours
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 6:10 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I dont know but maybe you could try this group out, Kitchen Which Study Group, They are a wonderful group of ladies and very helpful. Just enter the name in the group search bar, Good luck!
    cainesmama

Answer by cainesmama at 6:11 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Spend the day looking at pictures and remembering the fun times you had together. If you haven't started an album for them then tomorrow would be a good time to start one. I do the same thing for my Mom gmasboy every year and it does help out a lot. The favorite food and ritual does help Mrs.Bat
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 6:15 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Tomorrow is a full moon, so it's a great time for a circle ritual. If you can, make a temporary altar that will be bathed in moonlight when the moon rises. Call the spirit of the Air from the East with some Incense, call the spirit of Fire from the South with a lit candle, call the spirit of Water from the West with a bowl of fresh spring water, call the spirit of the Earth from the North with a small dish of salt. Invite the Goddess & the God into your cirlce with a blue & a white candle (respectivley). Cast your cirlce as a time between time & a place between places. If you have photos or momentos of your loved ones, add those & ask your relatives to join you. Spend some time in meditation in rememberance. To remove the circle, thank the elements (reverse order) and the Goddess & the God. Wish them and your relatives all Hale & Farewell. Blessed Be. GG
    greenergypsy

Answer by greenergypsy at 6:38 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I like to write my Dad and Gramps notes and then I go out to my campfire pit, meditate a bit by the fire, then I burn the note... the smoke carries the message to where ever they are on that day and just makes me feel like I can reach them!! ;o)

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 10:31 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Checking in to see how you are doing, I hope your ritual went well.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:21 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• UPDATE:

I ended up not being able to do it. I don't think I'm ready yet. I think I'll definitely be trying again for Samhain, though. Thanks for all the great ideas ladies!
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 2:22 AM on Aug. 10, 2009