can i have more than one religion

or is that bad?

pookipoo

Asked by pookipoo at 6:07 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think its possible that you can have more than one belief or path.

Many are rather eclectic whether they realize it or not LOL.

Im one of them.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 8:41 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Religion and beliefs are personal. Many people incorporate varying traits from different religions into their own. Some "differing religions" are not differing at all but merely a different denomination of a greater belief. Yes you can be a mix of a number of different religions.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 6:10 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I agree with KristiS ...
    It is a personally thing when it comes to your spiritual beliefs and if it feels right to YOU to mix and match different aspects of religions into your practice who is to say YOU are wrong...!?

Being Pagan (I am) we can tend to be called a Heinz 57 mix bc many, many of us take this, take that from different parts of Paganism to FIT us... and there is NOTHING wrong with that all...

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 6:13 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I would say sure, as long as you don't believe either one claims to be "the one and only" and they don't contradict each other.
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 6:13 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I am sorry I meant *Personal thing* I tend to type faster than thought or vise virsa...lol...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 6:14 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I guess you could say I have more than one. Nope, not bad. I'm an ecclectic. I don't believe that any religion is WRONG. And don't have a pre-set path for myself because of that.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:18 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Nope nothing is bad about mixing religions. Your faith is personal. I don't think any religion is wrong, it is up to the individual to find what brings them peace. If that means a blend of faiths then its all good.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 6:23 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I agree with most of the posts here, religion is a personal decision. There is no law that states you have to believe like everybody else. You can take what you have learned about(for example here) Catholicism, Judaism and Buddhism and incorporate it into your life lessons learned from each. There is no one right religion for EVERYONE....only one right religion(or the choice of no religions)for every individual personally.

That's my opinion anyway. Follow your heart/spirit and you know you won't go wrong there. :)
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 6:25 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• hi, Jesus is the way,truth and life... No man comes to the father but by him :)
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 6:28 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Thank you hinson for that wonderful bit of clarity. I am sure we all know how you feel about it then.
    As for me, I have several beliefs from different religions. It's not a bad thing. Many of them are basically the same thing. I seem to be able to find the good out of every religious teaching and it feeds my soul.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 6:52 PM on Aug. 5, 2009