Pregnancy affecting the sex drive

I am 9 months prego. my sex drive has dramatically drecreased within the last 5 months to the point its nonexistent, but in the beginning we had a good, constant sex. my husband tells me im sexy constantly but i just dont want it. i gained 30lbs but from behind everyone says i dont look prego only when i turn around. i still wear clothing from pre-pregnancy days but i just dont feel sexy or want it. i feel sorry that my hubby has to 'do' by himself but i just dont want it. he told me that when im healed after baby to return to my wifely duties but i told him we cant talk about it until then cuz i basically feel no need for sex. so we went from constant to little to no sex. is this normal? does anybody relate?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:08 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i hear u on this one! i am 31 weeks prego and i dont even wanna hear the word sex!! everything my so does for me just doesnt turn me on anymore! i feel so bad for him but he understands more then i thought he did.
    babymama8787

Answer by babymama8787 at 6:15 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I'm 35 weeks and I've had this issue too. I use to want it all the time but rightnow I feel like I wouldn't care if I never had sex again. I think it has to do with our changing bodies and mostly the way we see ourselves now. I don't feel sexy in anything anymore. I'm also irritable/stressed all the time so I think that plays into it. I hear some women's sex drive goes off the charts when there pregnant. Oh well apparantly we were the "lucky" ones... lol. I'm sure it'll change after you have the baby.
    YoucancallmeGod

Answer by YoucancallmeGod at 6:23 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• You are 9 months prego and by this time I am sure you feel as though baby will fall out every time move! Grab his thing and squeeze real hard (not to hurt him just so he feels the pressure) then ask him if he wants to go have sex LOL. My man was not very understanding either until he seen our DD come out, then he understood.
    imtheonlysane1

Answer by imtheonlysane1 at 6:24 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• LOL I felt this exact same way! My bf was all excited because he heard that pregnant women always want sex. Little did he know that not all women are the same..LOL
    itsbree2you

Answer by itsbree2you at 10:54 PM on Aug. 5, 2009