boys in ladys restroom???

At what age should you stop taking your boy in the ladys restroom I watch my sisters child who just turned 6 and I was just wondering The other day I saw a lady in the bathroom and her look to be 9 and 10 year old was just playing in there and she was in the bathroom stall.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:10 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I don't know I always wonder about this to!! I think if they are to young to be in the actual stall with you then they can stay out side the bathroom. Also they have family bathrooms at a lot of places now.
    sarahlu2009

Answer by sarahlu2009 at 6:14 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I have a son, and i'm not sure when i will let him go to a public bathroom in many/certain areas.
    Right now he's 5 but most people think he's 7-8 . He is very friendly and...
    well my brother was approached and a man attempted to molest him in a public bathroom when he was 12, (he was small for his age) so....
    I have a feeling I will err on the side of caution.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:16 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I often wonder about this and I have two boys...ages 7 and 3. My 7 year old wants to go to the mens room if he has to go and sometimes I let him (if I'm in a place I know)---I use my best judgement (at least I think/hope so!). However, I have gotten looks and heard people sometimes say 'isn't he a bit old to be in here?' (not directly to me of course). I wish I knew the "magic" age! (wow this answer was of no help!!! ha ha ha)
    lissa27504

Answer by lissa27504 at 9:17 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I would say by 6, a boy can go in the bathroom himself and doesn't need to be in the ladies room. Defintalely, a 9 and 10 year old are WAY too old to be in a ladies bathroom. I would say something to the boys and loud enough for the dumbass mother to hear me.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:28 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• My son is 7. He still occasionally comes into the bathroom with me if he needs to go. If I need to go, he comes with me regardless. If the store is busy, or it is someplace I am unfamiliar with, then he goes into the ladies room. I don't like the idea of him standing outside a bathroom in a busy place with no adult supervision, it I am using the restroom. So I will probably be one of those dumbass mothers that will take her son into the bathroom to wait for me while I am using it.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 12:05 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• My middle boys are 6 & 7 and aren't allowed to go on their own. If their older brother (11) is with them, then they can all go in together. Otherwise, there WILL be little boys in the women's bathroom if I have to tinkle! LOL
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 1:33 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• . I would say something to the boys and loud enough for the dumbass mother to hear me.

and I would tell you to mind your own fucking business, I could care less if you think I'm a dumbass for protecting my child from molestation.

autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 4:39 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• My sons are 6 and 4 and they go in with me. Most of the time, my husband is with me when we go shopping, so he takes them. If they have a family restroom with one toilet. I let him go in there.
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 9:30 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• For the childs safety, It is best for a mother / grandmother to take an older boy into the ladys bathroom, Young boys can easily molested or even killed in a the mens room. If your in a private stall it should not matter, its not like the boy can see your business anyway. My grandson is 7yrs old and I will continue to do this until I feel he can fend for himself......If you love your boys protect them from evil doers everyway you can, and if anyone dares say anything tell them to mind their own......
    froggylou

Answer by froggylou at 10:44 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• My son is 6 and he still goes into the ladies room with me. There are too many predators out there for me to allow him to enter a multi stalled mens room. Sorry. I will never get offended if I see a mom and her son in the ladies room...unless the child is being unruly or something. We need to protect our kids...I hate seeng things happen to children over our carelessness as parents.
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 3:14 PM on Aug. 6, 2009