red spot on my 6 mnth old???

My daughter has a red spot on her leg and it is rough with a tiny bump in the center of it. The spot is a little smaller than a quarter. feels a little warm but temp is only 97 which I thought was a little low. and she is abnormally fussy! I am waiting for the on call doc to call back but i wanted to see what other moms thought I should do. I'm wondering if i should take her to the hospital or just wait for her doc app on monday?

Alorasmommy

Asked by Alorasmommy at 6:24 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't rightly know all the specifics of your daughter's bump, but when my granddaughter woke up one day from a nap she had 3 red, round circles on her leg with a tiny bump in the middle. My daughter took her to the pediatrician because I was out of state and the doctor said they looked like bug bites from bugs called 'no see 'ums.' I have never heard of such a thing, but she had my daughter put OTC hydrocortisone on them and they disappeared by the end of the next day. No temp, no crankiness, just the ugly red spots.
    Hope your pediatrician can help, but don't worry too badly if there is no fever. A 97 temp isn't too low and isn't anything to worry about. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:46 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• mightbe a boil...
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:26 AM on Aug. 6, 2009