Do you have fren-emies?

Or just friends you can't stand? If so, why are you friends with them and what makes you not want to stop being their friend?

I have a friend that is really stuck up and self-centered. All she does whenever she calls is talk about herself. She never asks what I've been doing or how I've been and when I do volunteer information about myself she just acts like she doesn't really care. Anyone else have a friend like that?

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 6:25 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• And we've been friends since high school so I think that's why I can't stop being her friend. But one of these days I'm going to unload on her and that will probably be the end of our friendship. There are so many remarks she makes that make me wanna go off on her. Usually I just brush it off.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 6:27 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• totally did i was her best friend but she wasn't mine if you know what i mean... I finally told her about herself one day and I haven't seen her since... it just really sucks because it was like a 7 year friendship and her daugheter is my God daughter and now I don't see her... I'll text her once in a while to see how her or my God- daughter is doing, and sometimes she'll text back, but I can totally tell she's being fake
    marchma2b

Answer by marchma2b at 6:29 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• and it was while i was pregnant so hormones may have finally gave me the courage to tell her how I felt... but she couldn't handle it I guess... and she hasn't even seen my daughter who's almost 5 months old now... it hurts reall bad sometimes I wanna cry... but then I just try to remember that she was very self centered
    marchma2b

Answer by marchma2b at 6:31 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• LOL I will be honest YES, I love this girl to death but she is drama drama drama, and thinks she is gods gift to men, and on and on I can't stand to tell her that she is not, and I feel sorry for her, she is a little off, and obnoxious, and.. a little on the burly side, and my husband has guy friends and when she comes around she makes up these stories, how they want her, and the all give her the "look" as well as says the owners of various resturaunts want to be with her and that the dutch bro's boys want her, then she was trying to say my husband had a thing for her and her son, ( he freaked out on her and that ended but I can't find it iin my heart to tell her how I feel that is pretty bad huh?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:32 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Yeah my friend is just whiney and annoying. The last time I spoke to her, which was the first i've spoken to her in months, she complains about her shoulder the entire time. Doesn't even ask how I'm doing or what I've been up to. I feel like I can't have a mature conversation with her because somehow the focus goes back to her or she isn't interested unless it's about her.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 6:34 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• k it sounds like this friendship is perhaps one sided...i have a close friend too that ive been friends with since highschool....we have a very similar relationship in that we have a love/hate relationship...but we DO talk to eachother...we DO tell eachother when stuff bothers us...and we do have MEGA blowups...to the point when we didnt talk for a year...but we got over it....the best thing i can reccomend is that you talk to her...you cant hold it in.
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 6:34 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• yes I have a frenemy. we arent close friends...it's not like we call each other...in fact i have seen her in over a year. but we always hung out at the same bar and parallel socialized lol. a few years ago, when my fiance (been an ex for many years now) and I were pretty much on our last times together, I met a guy who I befriended. we did get kinda flirty, but thats it. he was dating someone at the time. she didnt like me. he cheated on her once before so I understand the hostility. no matter what, she didnt believe either of us that we didnt sleep together. well he and i lost contact for a while. when I bumped into her at a party she apologized for being a bitch and we were "cool", but i still sensed the hostility.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:37 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• hey anon 6:32, do u live in redding CA? i might know you lol
    bradynsmom222

Answer by bradynsmom222 at 7:15 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Most of my co workers are frenemies. I cant stand their work ethic or attitude but don't want to come to work miserable everyday so I try to make the best of it. They think I'm their friend but deep down I'm really not..is that terrible?
    AzMom4U

Answer by AzMom4U at 7:39 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• DOn't we all have at least one fri-enemy? LOL.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:28 PM on Aug. 5, 2009