Work Ethics

Would you stay at a job if you knew one of the girls who was a manager came up dirty on a company drug test but the CEO did not fire her? The company cares for the elderly - should this behavior be reported?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:34 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Money & Work

• I'm sorry, but i don't see me risking my paycheck for the morals of others. If what she does has no direct effect on you, then ignore it, or report it anon. to a higher authority. Dont just walk because your upset. That being said, i would probably start looking for another job with a more respectable company.
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 7:34 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• You should absolutely begin a stealth job search.

I do career & job search coaching. I am always happy to help cafemoms (and dads) with resumes, cover letters, job search strategy & interview prep. Feel free to contact me directly. –Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 7:55 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• It may be there was another reason why she came up positive. I wouldn't jump the gun. My bro law ate a poppy seed bagel for breakfast and a poppy seed roll with lunch one day. That day he was randomly tested. He was canned and it took months to clear him, and he had worked there for over 20 years.
    oddfox

Answer by oddfox at 9:35 PM on Aug. 5, 2009