Affirmative Action

Some people are really uneducated on the matter....NO WHITE MAN IS TURNED AWAY FOR A JOB JUST BECAUSE HE'S WHITE. Also, the person that "benefits" from affirmative action has to be EQUALLY OR MORE QUALIFIED FOR THE POSITION. Also, when a person gets a job it isn't always about grades...there are many other factors that are taken into consideration when hiring people. The only time a minority has to be hired is when THE GOVERNMENT GETS INVOLVED ON A GREATER SCALE THAN WHAT THEY ALREADY ARE. Lastly, in the other affirmative action post the mom spoke about women using affirmative action but it didn't take long to turn it into a "I hate the my husband can't get a job because of a black man." Would you be as equally pissed if a white woman took your white husband's position that he applied for as well? Being that some moms forget that women are "covered" by affirmative action I highly doubt they would be as pissed

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:43 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• EXACTLY, i dont know why people complain that their white spouse, sister, child cant get a job because of an under qualified minority. Its Urks the SHIT out of me. How do you know if they are under qualified? Because they are black or hispanic? Bull shit. Maybe you or your family member were never qualified to begin with. Just because you are white doesn't mean that you 're above all and more qualified than others.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:45 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• what is your actual question please? Or did you just need to vent a little?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:47 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Yeeeahhh..you pretty much could have vented in the other question, where all you "question"are already answered....

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 6:51 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• imagine me rolling my eyes
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:53 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

couldn't be because I kept seeing the same things over and over. Not one person said...ohhh, I understand now....I guess I was wrong.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:57 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• *Cough cough, gag.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:59 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I'm guessing the OP has never heard of reverse racism, huh?!

It happens, but it is just not talked about. You see, legally, there is very little wiggle room for proving a case of discrimination. All an employer or interviewer has to do is make sure that the "proper mix" of candidates were granted an interview, and allowed to present themselves in the best possible light. The interviewer records these interviews as per EEOC guidelines to cover their butts, and ends up selecting the person who THEY feel "fits" the image they want to assume.

To prove a successful case, you would need to be able to PROVE the person who got the job did not deserve it, and in the process might end up creating too many waves, and risk losing their job because of insubordination or an infraction of company policy.

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:59 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• well you may believe thats how it works, but not in all cases. in fact even growing up my dad was TRAINING black men who were underqualified because they didnt have enough "diversity" instead of my dad being promoted. its also why a lot of colleges accept some minorities even if they dont make the grade, bc of the pressure to make sure they have a diversified campus.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:03 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• op here...there is no such thing as reverse racism...racism is racism.

i agree with everything else.
    Anonymous

and how do you know that all of these organizations are doing this? as for the college thing, you're making it seem as if the only way a minority can get into a school is because of affirmative action. I'm pretty positive that a campus can be diversified without trying to purposely pick minorities.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:06 PM on Aug. 5, 2009