is it common to have a stuffy nose when your pregnant?

cause im 13 weeks pregnant and i keep waking up with a stuffy nose.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:13 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes yes yes and yes! It was one of the things I remember most. I used saline nasal spray and vicks all the time.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 7:18 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• My nose has been stuffy since before I even found out, I am 30 weeks now. My doctor informed me it's normal and happens to a lot of women. I don't know if it's common for it to last the whole time, but if it does, you just kinda get used to it.
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 7:18 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• yes I was stuffed up til my 4th month, it went away and now im 9months and it came back.
    MrsNewMom

Answer by MrsNewMom at 7:26 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• pregnant women get swollen mucus membrains most women have the problem sometimes you can even get a bloody nose...i've had sever allergies since i got pregnant and nothing has helped i have just learned to deal with it im 31wks now the stuffy nose has subsided a little and is more runny now and i sneeze and cough alot! it sucks but not much longer will i have to deal with it
    freshly.married

Answer by freshly.married at 7:45 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Yes it is very normal!
    WillDoDa

Answer by WillDoDa at 7:55 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Yep! Totally! My doctor said it is just one of those things that some women get with pregnancy that really doesn't go away until delivery. lol.
    itsbree2you

Answer by itsbree2you at 10:42 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• OMG YES! I had the worst stuffy nose for the last half of my pregnancy. My nose swelled up too :( I didn't notice the swelling until I saw pictures from my baby shower UGH. I used saline spray and a humidifier in my room, but neither helped. My doctor told me it was okay to use regular nasal spray once a day in the third trimester and it helped a TON.
    PeaInMyPod

Answer by PeaInMyPod at 10:47 PM on Aug. 5, 2009