sleeping to much?

my daughter is almost 4 months old an she goes to bed every night at 9 pm and usually sleeps until 7-8:30 and this morning she didnt get up until 9:30 and she sleeps most of the day,is that normal?

alaina_20

Asked by alaina_20 at 7:45 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• for the most part yes some babies just want to sleep...... I know people who have babies that will sleep all day unless they wake them up......everyone is different
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:49 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• you are sooo lucky!
    My first son was the same way slept for a long time. My second son is 6 months old and he wakes up every 3 to hours =..[
    effie777

Answer by effie777 at 7:50 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Absolutely normal!! Enjoy it while it lasts. Lol. Get rest, clean the house, spend time with the other kids! She will start being awake more during the day. My 3 year old still sleeps 12 hours. My 2 year old sleeps 12 hours plus a 2 hour nap, and my 10 month old sleeps 12 hours and takes two 2 or 3 hour naps!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 7:50 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• sounds pretty normal to me. my son was sleeping a straight 10-12 hours by 4 months and still taking 2 naps during the day around 1-2 hours each.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 7:50 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Sounds normal to me. My daughter has always slept a lot ever since she was born. 6 hrs at a time at 3 days old, and gradually increased to where she was sleeping 12 hrs a night at 4 months old as well. On about 3 occasions she slept almost 14 hrs straight.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 8:06 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Wow that sounds perfect.
    My 5 month old goes to sleep at 7 and wakes up at 6.
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 8:47 PM on Aug. 5, 2009