How to make money at home without being Scammed?

I was wondering if anyone knows a way to make money at home doing online surveys without being Scammed or having to pay money to do online surveys and if so which online survey sites is not a scam but yet can make money at? I am in desperate need along with my friend who needs to make money working at home while being able to care for our children. I was thinking about doing online paid surveys but alot of them are scams or have to pay money in order to start them which I am leary of.... Has anyone made money working at home and if so how did you do it while taking care of your kids and what sites works? Thank you for any help on learning to make money online while taking care of my kids.

2luvbugboys

Asked by 2luvbugboys at 7:51 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Money & Work

• You can search for jobs that match your skillset and have a telecommute or remote option. Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org.
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with three lines of business; I am doing lead generation for a sales and service organization; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization; I also do career & job search coaching. I am always happy to help cafemoms (and dads) with resumes, cover letters, job search strategy & interview prep.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:53 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Hey girl. I work while my daughter naps so you can do this VERY P/T but make a great income. I have a home Business with Ameriplan. They Offer Daily Pay-Benefits-Training and Support-5 websites- Discounts at Tons of retailers.
    There is no cold calling or selling either.
    You can start with them without any start up cost. You just have your first month overhead due when you enroll.
    I would love to get you some more info if you are interested. You could enroll and turn right around and enroll your friend right away :)
    ChristinaLDennis@gmail.com or shoot me a message on cafe mom :) Good Luck girl and God Bless
    ChristinaDennis

Answer by ChristinaDennis at 7:55 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Dont ask this site, everyone here waits until people like you (and me once before) post this exact question so they can try to get you on whatever work from home boat they are on, which is most likely a scam....but I am not willing to volunteer myself to any of these people to find out, are you?
    soveryconfused

Answer by soveryconfused at 8:08 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Speaking for myself you couldn't be more wrong. And I was just chating with someone about this. You have to really speak with ther person who is giving you the information. Because as we might be interviewing you, you should also be interviewing us. You want to be able to trust and work with your enroller, at least with Ameriplan.
    Those who are just looking to add people to their numbers don't last very long at all. With Ameriplan and me personally I am truly looking to be able to help other moms be able to have a way to stay home with their kiddos. It has been amazing for me and it is very rewarding to be able to help others find the same. Trust me I'll be the first to tell someone if I don't think my opportunity is right for them. It doe sno know good to enroll someone who isn't going to work the business and help themselves.
    So I don't think you can put EVERYONE in the scam catagory.
    ChristinaDennis

Answer by ChristinaDennis at 8:14 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I totally agree with the above poster, & yes there are a ton of scams out there, honestly quite a few of the paid survey sites fall into this catagory. The few paid survey sites that are good, I hear from moms just like you, who say that they had to spend hours in front of the computer taking those surveys only to receive a check in the mail the next month for like $40. At that rate you would be better off working min wage somewhere else for the amtof hrs that you put into it. If you really do want to be paid what you are worth & also still have time for your kids, there are a variety of Work At Home Businesses that aren't scams, are reputable companies & will pay you a legit income. You do need to do your research on each of these companies & see what would be the best fit for you. Check with the Better Business Bereau for the company's record.
    Good Luck!
    www.EnhancingFamilies.com - Helping Moms Afford To Stay Home
    amynic

Answer by amynic at 8:52 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• m-avi

I  have a started another work at home article series on eHow.  They contain excellent ideas, resources and information.  You can check what I have so far here in my Journal here at Cafemom: 

Work at Home Series

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:26 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Cashle is NOT a scam. I work when I want to and I get paid when I want to, which is EVERYDAY~ I NEVER pay money to make money. Cashle is 100% REAL, FREE and LEGIT. I couldnt ask for a better way to make quick and easy cash

Cashle..Click Here

SweetKYmom

Answer by SweetKYmom at 7:46 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I work from home every day with a real company and we make money daily.

Call me
    Louella Hicks
    303-216-1722
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Aug. 12, 2009