Dd got her first tooth in!

My dd is 9 months old today, her first tooth came thru on July 25th!!!!!! I was so happy she finally got one... now my dilemma... Here lately she's been waking at night wanting a bottle but I know she cant be hungry cause she has 2 containers of baby food and an 8-10 oz bottle around 630, and has her bath and in bed by 7-730! And by 11 she's waking for another bottle! Im afraid her new lil tooth is gonna rot lol! I have been freakin out! Cause she just wants to suck on it for a min and then off to sleep with milk still left in her mouth... is there anything else I can put in her bottle that wont rot her lil tooth?? Very seldom will she take water but i do try that before formula...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:55 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• water is the only thing that won't rot teeth. I feel soooo bad because i put my first son to bed with a sippy cup with water mixed w/a little juice and thought that was ok. When he turned 2 he had to have his 2 front teeth taked out!!!! PLEASE learn from my mistakes, eventually your little girl will take water, just keep giving it to her.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 8:02 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Have you tried heating up the water a little warm? Either that or a pacifier if she is just needing something to suck on.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 8:03 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• You should look into buying these little gummy tooth brush things for infants. You slid the "toothbrush' onto your own finger and just kind of rub away on the teeth AND gums. :) its cool...
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 8:08 PM on Aug. 5, 2009